Re: Serial IR receiver problem

Bobby, thanks for your reply. I don't however think this has to do
with stray IR light emitted from the skype adapter or som other
source. The adapter doesn't have any IR transmitters and the behavior
of the IR receiver doesn't change with the distance of the remote
control either.

Dave, I'm not to good with electronics, so I don't really know what
you're aiming at with the oscilloscope approach. I guess it would be
of interest to "see" the IR signal from the receiver... It sounds very
cool though :-)

That the problem should stem from a sharing problem of some resource
like a hardware timer sounds very possible to me due to the "feel" of
things. I'm not sure what a hardware timer is or what I should do to
confirm that this is the problem though. I guess it comes down to how
the skype and winlirc softwares are designed and therefore there is
not much to do if you're right?

One idea I have to solve this is to buy or build an USB based IR
receiver hoping that the skype adapter won't affect it. I can't really
assess the risk with this approach.