Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:42:11 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<7JidnR3oxIIFb5nbnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>Some very interesting discussion of the very same topics we covered here at:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Compact_fluorescent_lamp
>
>"Norway, which generates over 99% of its electrical power by hydroelectric
>[12]would actually see an increase in mercury emissions if they move to
>CFLs."

In other words, for the vast majority of the industrialized world, all the
mindlessly repeated, misleading statements made by  know-nothing, nattering
nabobs of negativism about CFLs and mercury are in fact demonstrably false.

And Norway will figger out the solution (if it hasn't already) long before
the everybody-but-me bashers in the US get a clue.

Posts like this demonstrate how far the US lags other parts of the world in
the three environmental R's : Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

On the Spanish Mediterranean island where I grew up and have a house, the
main town has vacuum-operated recycling centers that suck segregated glass,
paper, trash etc from separate. mailbox-sized receptacles located in public
places in various locations in the town center, and carries the recycled
materials and trash underground to the recycling center. This is in Spain!

The US has become the place of Mark Twain's famous quip about Cincinnati. He
wanted to be in Cincinnati when the end of the world came because it would
take 20 years for the news to get (t)here.

(By way of comment on the quality of "journalism" in CHA, Bobby's  lead
sentence and subject title in a new post don't agree. Who woulda thunk that a
headline about CFLs sold at Home Depot in the US would lead with a 'graph on
Norway's energy policies? ;-)

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org