Re: N:Vision CFL's

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:42:11 -0400, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<7JidnR3oxIIFb5nbnZ2dnUVZ_qLinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>On the whole, my impression is that these will be a great asset to X-10
>users as they appear to be the most X-10 friendly CFL's I've run across to
>date.  The price is entirely comparable to Target and War-Mart.  Thanks for
>the heads up, Marc.  CHA at its best!

[snip]

>On the plus side,

>near-instant on,

>good cold weather performance,

>limited dimming,

>no X-10 EMI and

> no X-10 signal sucking are nothing to sneeze at!

To which you might add:

-- Even greater efficacy than incandescents when dimmed

-- Lower overall mercury discharge than the additional mercury from
coal-fired power plants from additional energy consumed by incandescents

-- Large cost savings owing to reduced electrical consumption

-- Positive carbon balance environmental benefits

-- Reduced environmental impacts from mining

(Incrementally; not a panacea.)

...Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org