Re: N:Vision CFL's

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:xMGdneWyM-ELFpjbnZ2dnUVZ_tCtnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxx
> "Dan Wright" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> I'm in the Wash, DC area.  Didn't you used to be?  There was no sale I was
> aware of - I just stopped by shortly before closing and grabbed an
> assortment to test.  Pepco/Vepco doesn't appear to have a program,
> although
> I've heard of some independent organizations offering at least a free bulb
> to each household that switches over.

I was, but am not in California.  SCE gives them away at events, sometimes
tosses in LED nightlights too.  Not enough to do a house, but it helps.

>> I also have one 60 watt equivalent in an exterior light that does not
>> seem
>> to like the cold.  However, it looks to be more of a fixture issue.
>
> Fortunately, that might have to wait until next year to test.

Hopefully, I've seen ice storms in your area this late in the year

> Are there any issues you know of regarding base up v. base down installs?

I have not seen any, and I assume the PAR 30 replacement were designed for
base up.  Nothing on the packaging says one way or the other.

Dan Wright
Starwolf Systems