Re: Does anyone know who is making these light bulbs?

"Robert L Bass" <no-sales-spam@bassburglaralarms> wrote in message
> Following are a few sources:
> http://www.bosstar.com/ (appears to be a manufacturer)
> http://www.mbelectronics.com (retailer)
> http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/appnote_number/3528 (application
notes)
> http://www.sunbeamtech.com/ (PC supplier)

Thanks. These apparently are all long, small tubes.  CCFL's are very popular
as laptop backlights but I have been looking all day for 110VAC screw-base
CCFL's to no avail.  They sound very useful for lights controlled by motion
detectors and places where waiting for a CFL to come to full brightness
might be a safety issues, like staircases.  We're due for another big rate
increase in the DC area and I'd like to find CFL's that work in the places
that have previously given me problems.

--
Bobby G.