Re: leviton vizia RF switches (Z-wave)

"David Rothman" <drothman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:JYyKh.23$Ru2.15@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I'm replacing all my old X10 stuff (too flaky).  i also have just redone
> several rooms in my basement, so i'm going to wire up all those rooms with
> a mix of non-RF and RF switches.  If the technology is reliable, I'd
> likely get to work changing many of the switches throughout the house.

Before your throw in the towel on X10, it may be worth seeing what you can
do to improve your X10 reliability.  I have been writing a troubleshooting
series to help those who have X10 reliability problems:

http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/x10_info/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Even with all the electronics we have in this house, X10 was virtually 100%
reliable before I added the XTB.  Since then, the only problem we have had
was due to the DST shift (forgot to re-enter latitude into C-Max after
installing the update).

Jeff