Re: Electric Outlet Control Via LAN

On Mar 9, 11:40 am, "Jeff Volp" <JeffV...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "EdwardATeller" <sorry_no_em...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > On Mar 7, 3:49 pm, "Jeff Volp" <JeffV...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> There's a similar one on eBay now at a bargain price #320089490139.
>
> > That's a good price, but there is another bidder.  What's the
> > approximate value of something like this?  Looks like I'd also have to
> > get a standard DB-9 to DB-25 cable.
>
> > Still would like to have a plug and play USB solution...
>
> That bid popped up a few hours after my post, and I thought it was you...
>
> As I recall, the Pulizzi IPC3100 originally listed for around $300, but they
> have sold on eBay for much less.  Last year there were a couple listed for
> $80.  It is a rugged industrial quality unit, not cheap plastic commercial
> crap.
>
> Jeff

It sold for $7.50.  With $14.42 shipping that's $21.92, plus I would
have had to buy a cable.  Starts to be about the same price as a X10
remote outlet with keychain remote, which is what I use now.
Impossible to tell what the winning bidder's max bid was, so I am
comfortable letting this one go.  Someone got a bargain.

I think I'll just give X10 some more business.  Thanks for the help.