Re: Dimmers and auto-iris lenses

"B Fuhrmann" <b-fuhrmann-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:12v5u6s6t1kbh8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote in message
> > Get a dimmer you can monitor.  By the time you lash up some hack to work
> > you
> > could've gotten it delivered UPS ground.
>
> The messages he already sent sort of prove that wrong.

Bill just doesn't get the same thrill I do when I can solve an unusual
problem with a 69 cent extension cord, a $2.50 night light, a recycled "air
pac" bag and a rubber band in under ten minutes.  According to the night
light's back panel it consumes .03 watts so it comes mighty close to my
solar panel solution in terms of cost.  The slight increase in operating
cost is more than offset by the ease of implementation and the added value
of the night light solution (the reflection of the IR LEDS by the
waterproofing bag reduces their output, which was too strong for that
distance).

I would have (wastefully) wandered along the LED/solar panel path a lot
longer had Ian not mentioned nightlights.

--
Bobby G.