Re: Electric Outlet Control Via LAN

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 09:25:55 -0800, EdwardATeller wrote:

> A powerstrip with a USB connection that allowed me independent control
> over each outlet would be a nice solution to the problem.  I wonder if
> the market would have much demand for something like this and what its
> price point might be.  I could use Windows Task Manager to set a
> schedule for when each outlet turned on or off.

This uses SCRs to control outlets using the parallel port. His VB6 program
turns them all off when a screen saver kicks in so you'd have to write
your own control software.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EE62QUOM31EUOJJVA4

This one uses the serial port to control a single outlet using a relay.
The code is in perl so may be more easily modifiable but since it uses
just the DTR line you may be limited to one outlet per serial port.

http://www.bolis.com/amillar/computers/hardware/serial-port-power-switch

--
If you need to email me directly use: junkmail sysmatrix
Put the appropriate symbol in there and end it with a fish catcher.