Re: XTB-II Enhanced Repeater

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, that would require a hardware change.  The XTB-II and the
XTB-IIR will share the same V1.1 PCB.  The board is populated with a few
additional components for the enhanced repeater, and there are some value
changes, including a different PIC.  I already have the boards.

Your point on the broadcast storm is well taken.  The present firmware
includes an undocumented option that prevents the ping-pong that can happen
when using multiple repeaters.  That can be modified to also recognize a
broadcast storm.  However there is nothing the present hardware can do to
issue an audible alarm or a contact closure when that happens.  Sorry...

Jeff