Re: EIB / Gira Information Needed

On Jun 1, 2:36 pm, Konnexman <beirao.n...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Il Ministro escreveu:
>
> > Most Siemens PLCs including Logo! speak variants of EIB/KNX, so you may
> > find details over Siemens website.
>
> Correction, Siemens PLCs have interfaces to speak KNX. There are no
> such things as "variants".
>
> EIB/KNX is the only Open Standard for Building Automation.
>
> It is a ISO Standard.

I'm being told by the German installer that only the basic functions
can be controlled (such as light ON/OFF) using a Crestron processor
and an CG-EIB. He says he uses TwinCAT software to complete the
programming after assigning the addresses in ETS. He also says that by
running TwinCAT on a PC he can also send the "values", that would be
lost otherwise.

Since I'm just learning the concept of EIB this may be trivial to you,
however we want to be sure the CG-EIB and related Crestron module will
work in ALL scenarios.

Any ideas on this?

bugga