Re: Universal Remote Help!

On May 10, 12:24 pm, sean.bri...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have 3 Toshiba Televisions in a Media Room, two identical 32" sets
> and one 72" DLP set. All three respond to remote inputs, and I cannont
> devise a way around this. I am thinking an RF universal remote, that
> can control emitters independently, would this set up work? If so,
> what remote system is capable of handling this feat?
>
> Thanks for any advice!
> -Sean

Sean,

If you're willing to control from a PC you could use the following
setup:

-- USB-UIRT (www.usbuirt.com) -- is an IR dongle capable of
controlling up to 3 zones. The unit emits the first zone from the
front and the other two are on a stereo jack to which you can connect
emitters.

-- IRCommand2 (www.wdpsoftware.com) -- this is relatively simple to
set up software that basically acts as a Windows-based universal
remote control. You can also set up "triggers" with this software so
that you can send a command from a universal remote that triggers the
software to send one or more commands.

I use this setup myself and it works well. The only tricky part may be
in connecting emitters to the stereo jack on the UIRT. Total cost is <
$100.

Joe