Automated Home V2.0

It's three and a half years since we last had the decorators in at
Automated Home so we were well overdue for a new paint job.  We've
ditched the magnolia and gone with what we hope you'll agree is a much
cleaner, fresher, contemporary design.  The site is now much easier on
the eye and the move to the Joomla CMS brings with it other new
features and benefits for our readers...

1. Contemporary Design - New cleaner, fresher more contemporary look
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/

2. Search - A new faster, more accurate search facility to help you
find what you need from our database of over 1,300 articles
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Search.html

3. Tags - every single article has been tagged making it a simple one-
click operation to view all our articles on say Z-Wave. View our tag
cloud interface to find what is popular and new too.
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Tags/

4. RSS - The RRS feed for our main News Page is vastly improved and
now 2.0 compliant. Remember to checkout our RSS feeds from our Forums
and Mailing list too.
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/Announcements/Home-Automation-via-RSS.html

5. Social Networking - We now have the facility for an easy single-
click submission of our stories to Digg, Delicious, Furl, Reddit,
BlinkList, technorati and Jeqq.  Go on we know you want to!

6. PDF Printing - Any article can be turned into a quality PDF
document for printing, transporting or emailing, complete with all its
illustrations and working hyperlinks.

7. Videos - click straight through from the Video link in our main
menu to our YouTube channel for all our original video content
(currently 13 videos and growing).

8. Popular Articles - Some of our favourite articles of all time, like
the Wiring Guide, our Sonos long term review and our home built
Jukebox Server / NAS are available by clicking on the thumbnails down
the right hand column.

9. Downloads - We've simplified the downloads section and added some
more applications, manuals and other files useful to home automators

10. Otto Mk2. Lastly we've updated our famous Otto the Robot mascot.
Now upgraded to a Cyberdine Systems Model 101 :)

Mark McCall
Editor
AutomatedHome.com