Re: WebBased X-10 Server ?

rlsusenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> SiO wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm looking for a X-10 home automation software to build a dedicated
>> server to control my house.  I'm using X-10 devices all across the
>> house. I will also use satellite stations  (Laptops) that need to
>> access server (thats why webbased server would be useful)
>>
>> Features I'm looking for are the following:
>>
>> - Web Based interface/Web server
>> - Working with CM11A controller
>> - Linux or Windows or Dedicated
>> - Need programmable macro to react to different trigger
>>
>> Beside Mr.House, any suggestions?
>> Ive been searching the web for the past 7 months without finding the
>> perfect software.
>>
>> Thx to all of you.
>>
>> SiO
>
> Well, for an "entirely geeky" solution, take a look at MisterHouse
> (http://misterhouse.sourceforge.net/).  It can do a lot of what you are
> looking for, out of the box -- and a lot more.  If you can learn a
> little Perl, you can get it to do almost anything you need.
>
> Check out the "features" page.

Thx to all.

Heres a nno-related question.
I found this link using google:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.home.automation/browse_thread/thread/8b64084714599096/55f4081621c51c38

This is the web version of this post.
How-come there are more post on the web version then there are in the
newsgroup version?

Thx