Re: XTB II Review

"BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:45964ef9$0$4859

> If this device were available a year ago I probably
> wouldn't have bought any Insteon stuff.  As for Insteon, The XTB II does
> nothing adverse to the Insteon signaling.

When I was beta testing the XTB-I for Jeff, you were describing your new
Insteon installation's progress and I really wondered if I had gone down the
right path.  Now that I've bought a few more XTB's, I'm absolutely sure I
did the right thing for me.

As for your house, since you were building new, choosing Insteon wasn't
nearly the issue it was for people like me faced with a housewide retrofit.
You advanced the state of knowledge for the group by describing your
installation and probably did end up with a more reliable system overall, so
you choosing Insteon had lots of positives.

Once again I have near total reliability and it took me about five minutes
of unplugging and replugging equipment to achieve it.  Schweeeeeet!  During
the rare times I have the Monterey out to track some weirdness down, I am
still stunned to see such large voltages reported, having become used to
years of 70mv readings and less.  It always reminds me of the line from
"Aliens" when Bill Paxton says of the alien detector's chirping: "That's a
big f__king signal!"  Yes, indeed!

[Thanks again, Jeff.]

--
Bobby G.