Re: 110 blocks or patch panels?

Since I am also wiring a new home, I am interested in why you use a
patch panel for the phone line connections.  Say I have eight phone
outlets wired in the house.  Since I only have one phone line coming
in, I see no value in useing a patch panel, and in fact, it would seem
harder to have to wire eight of the patch panel plugs together to
connect to the phone line coming in.  I suppose if you only had a
single jack in each and might want to switch it from phone to network
useing the patch panel would be easier, but even in this case, how
often would you be changing them over.  Both the phone and network
systems would appear to be a one to many connection situation, which
connection blocks would appear to be better suited for.  Before I put
money down for equipment, I would like to get further input on this
subject.

Thanks
Dennis