Re: Could it be they know the quality of their product?

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> | When I find it (or decide to take one apart again and rephotograph)
> | I'll ASCII diagram the switch.
>
> I'm afraid I'm not very good with ASCII diagrams. :(

That makes two of us!  Saves me some trouble trying to do it.

> | Am I correct in assuming the capacitor will allow it to fire once and
then
> | not again until the switch is toggled once more?
>
> That would be my hope, though of course it may be impossible to select a
> capacitor (possibly with a shunt resistor) with a value that operates the
> device reliably and has a quick enough discharge to allow the switch to
> be operated frequently.  Still, it's a simple thing to try and it might
> save a lot of complication.

Yes, it should be pretty simple to test the next time I take one apart.

> Note that if you want the switch to do the same thing independent of
> which way it is flipped (e.g., to activate something that toggles)
> you can wire one capacitor between each contact and the pole.  That
> way the switch shorts one capacitor as it brings the other across the
> circuit you are trying to control, eliminating the discharge time from
> consideration.

That's an interesting concept.  Do you think it would significantly increase
the drain on the coin cell battery?

> | BTW, did Santa manage to get that binocular magnifier to you?
>
> Yes, thanks.  It actually gave me a bit of a start because a few days
> before eBay had sent me mail (for real) saying that my account had been
> compromised and they were resetting my password...

Proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished!  Did they say how it
happened?

--
Bobby G.