Re: Could it be they know the quality of their product?

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message

> | http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setup_Slimeline_Switch
> |
> | Slime line, indeed!
> |
> | I've taken the switch apart - it's remarkably simple inside - a single,
> | sparsely populated circuit board with a single user adjustable component
> | that appears to be a screw-adjusted slug in a tuning coil.  Now I want
> | see if I can wire it to a standard 110VAC toggle switch (not using 110,
of
> | course) so that I can have an RF switch with a positive tactile feel.
The
> | issue facing me is how to easily convert an SPST wall switch to operate
as a
> | momentary push button switch.
>
> You might find it easier to use a SPDT (aka three-way) switch and some
> series capacitors.

Not quite sure I follow without a circuit diagram since I'm such an
electro-tyro.  )-:  I took some photos of the circuit board so that I could
trace out the circuit, but I seem to have momentarily lost track of that CF
card.  When I find it (or decide to take one apart again and rephotograph)
I'll ASCII diagram the switch.

Am I correct in assuming the capacitor will allow it to fire once and then
not again until the switch is toggled once more?

BTW, did Santa manage to get that binocular magnifier to you?

--
Bobby G.