Re: Accepting inputs VIA PC

On 11 Jan 2007 10:42:07 -0800, mixinguiness@xxxxxxxxx wrote in message
<1168540927.115613.109320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>I am new to HA and I tried searching but here is what I would like to
>do:
>
>I have a lot of parts from access and security systems. I would like to
>create or use some software and hardware that will allow me to monitor
>these NO or NC circuts VIA my PC.
>
>I have a controller built that will create outputs VIA the parallel
>port... but I would like to have inputs as well. Is there any prefab
>hardware and software that will allow me to do this?
>
>Thaks for the info.
>
>Vinny

Google PIO PCI (Programmable Input-output for PCI bus) or PCI ISA (for ISA
bus).

There are dozens (hundreds?) of different cards.

Also search  eBay title and description for:
  "National Instruments"

PCI-DIO-96 (96 inputs or outputs) typically sell for $30-60. PCI-DIO-24 for
$15-$30. Stay away from the older 32-I/O versions. There are many connector
options.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org