Re: Why deliberately shorting equipment to blow breakers might be a bad idea . . .

Robert L Bass wrote:

> I've read a number of online news reports aqbout the Anderson group home fire.  I didn't find anything about an electrician having
> shorted anything.  Do you know a link to this information?  Absent that, I wonder if this isn't part fact (the fire certainly did
> occur) and part modern urban legend.

 http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/20/us/20brfs-Fire.html

 "The worker told investigators that he did not know which circuit
breaker operated the furnace and that he deliberately tripped the
system, according to a report from the Missouri Fire Safety Division."