Re: HAI OMNI PRO II Light switches

Paul Brewington <pbrewington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Maybe I should restate my question.
>
>Why are  UPB modules so much more expensive that x10 type and is the
>differance worth it?   I want to purchase about 20 dimmers/switches.
>Will I be sorry if I go with the x10?  Also is the HAI omnie II pro a
>good controller?

Because PCS thinks people will pay the higher price. There was a post here
3-4 years ago from the president of PCS announcing UPB (about a year before
it came to market) in which he said it only added a few dollars to the cost
of a module.

It is a two-way protocol so is inherently more reliable than X-10 which is
essentially one-way but whether it's worth the premium price depends on
individual preference and judgement.

The OmniPro II has a good reputation.

http://davehouston.net