Re: energy conservation

"Marc_F_Hult" <MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:n87lp293fjootapprrospelvlublesrks9@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:48:02 -0500, "Robert Green"
> <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> <JNmdnWlV9_uWBgfYnZ2dnUVZ_rGinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:
>
> >"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >> Today's NYT has an excellent article on energy conservation.
> >>
> >>      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/30/business/30diet.html?ref=science
> >
> >There were some eye-openers in there for me:
> >
> >"[A CFL] uses 75 percent less electricity, lasts 10 times longer,
produces
> >450 pounds fewer greenhouse gases from power plants and saves consumers
> >$30 over the life of each bulb. But it is eight times as expensive as a
> >traditional bulb, gives off a harsher light and has a peculiar
appearance.
> >As a result, the bulbs have languished on store shelves for a quarter
> >century; only 6 percent of households use the bulbs today."
>
> Jist so others are not too confused, this and your other quotes are not in
> the article that you cite.
>
> Rather, they are from today's article that I cited previously in this
> tread, , namely :
> http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/business/02bulb.html

Thanks for the correction!   I'll have to remember to "tread" more lightly
in the future and make sure when I'm cutting and pasting that I actually
pick up the new item and not spit out what was previously cut.  Why Windows
didn't incorporate a multi-item clipboard with a selectable history list
early on is a mystery to me.   (-:

I'm hoping most folks here are bright enough to figure out what I was saying
from the actual quotes themselves and the comments I appended thereafter.
Any confusion appears minimal, particularly since you seem to be the only
one who noticed!  You weren't *really* confused by the switched URL, were
you?

--
Bobby G.