Re: energy conservation

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:48:02 -0500, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<JNmdnWlV9_uWBgfYnZ2dnUVZ_rGinZ2d@xxxxxxx>:

>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Today's NYT has an excellent article on energy conservation.
>>
>>      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/30/business/30diet.html?ref=science
>
>There were some eye-openers in there for me:
>
>"[A CFL] uses 75 percent less electricity, lasts 10 times longer, produces
>450 pounds fewer greenhouse gases from power plants and saves consumers
>$30 over the life of each bulb. But it is eight times as expensive as a
>traditional bulb, gives off a harsher light and has a peculiar appearance.
>As a result, the bulbs have languished on store shelves for a quarter
>century; only 6 percent of households use the bulbs today."

Jist so others are not too confused, this and your other quotes are not in
the article that you cite.

Rather, they are from today's article that I cited previously in this
tread, , namely :
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/02/business/02bulb.html

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult