Re: Accepting inputs VIA PC

mixinguiness@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I am new to HA and I tried searching but here is what I would like to
>do:
>
>I have a lot of parts from access and security systems. I would like to
>create or use some software and hardware that will allow me to monitor
>these NO or NC circuts VIA my PC.
>
>I have a controller built that will create outputs VIA the parallel
>port... but I would like to have inputs as well. Is there any prefab
>hardware and software that will allow me to do this?
>
>Thaks for the info.

I don't know how may boards you will find that include software but search
on "serial DIO cards" and "USB DIO cards". Here's one example of a USB
card...

     http://www.chassis-plans.com/analog_digital/usb-dio-32.html

It's unlikely you'll find anything for a parallel port as only a few of
those pins are inputs.

http://davehouston.net