Re: Will IR Illuminator work with any CCD Camera?

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>I don't know to what extent this can be corrected by an achromatic
>>lens as is used to correct for chromatic aberation on quality visible
>>light cameras.

Telephoto  assemblies made of mirrors only such as Cassegrain designs
have no color aberrations and work well with silicon CCDs over their
full wavelength range for long focal lengths.  Schmidt Cassegrain,
Maksutov, and Ritchie Chretien designs have with weak corrector lenses
little chromatic aberrations.   Very fast (F/1.0) catadioptric designs
exist with wide spectral range and flat fields are used for night vision
devices.  There are also fast zoom lenses (non mirror) specifically
designed to have good correction from 400 to 950 nm for night
surveillance cameras.