Re: A father of home automation "beams up"

> I wonder if it was lawyers or IR that caused the extinction of corded
> remotes?

I have no doubts - IR  did it.    Too bad it wasn't corded remotes that
caused the extinction of lawyers 8-^).

Litigiousness wasn't as rampant when the first corded remotes were out and I
expect that the first few owners were really careful with them.

The later ones like I had with the plugged cord would disconnect easy enough
to not be a hazard.

The IR coding system freed up the remote to transmit many more commands and
literally removed the tether to the device.

--
Bill Fuhrmann