Re: A father of home automation "beams up"

>> The article also talks about a precursor from Zenith called "Lazy Bones"
>> which performed on/off and channel-changing functions via a cord attached
>> the set, which apparently soon proved to be a safety hazard.  While I
>> distinctly recall the two-button Zenith ultrasonic "Space Command" I
>> confess
>> I don't recall the Lazy Bones.   It's pretty hard to even *imagine* a TV
>> remote having only two buttons in this day an age, but that's all there
>> was
>> on the Zenith.

Corded remotes showed up again in the 70s on VCRs.  My first one (NEC Beta)
had the corded remote connected via a 2 contact mini phone plug.  It would
pull out safely if someone tripped over it.  If you tripped over it at the
remote end, the very light weight button set would get flung.

--
Bill Fuhrmann