Re: Need help with my CP290

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:11:33 GMT, "Carl" <catogris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I'm new to the group and really need some help.  I've used my CP290 for
>years and love it.  I've tried the other controllers and always went back to
>the CP290.
>
>My computers have always recognized the unit and I never remember having to
>install any drivers.  But over the weekend my PC crashed and I had to
>restore it to like new out of the box.   When I tried to use the CP290 I
>can't get any communications between the serial port and the unit.  It used
>to work on Com 4.  When I look at the Hardware Profile it indicates a big
>yellow question mark.
>
>Upon boot-up the PC finds new hardware and asks for drivers.  But I have
>none and have searched the web all weekend to no avail.
>
>Does anyone out there have Drivers for an XP Windows based PC.
>(Interestingly enough I've already got a driver disk for the Macintosh which
>came with one I bought as a back up if my original ever gives up the ghost)
>
>Please help, I can't give up my CP290 without a fight!
>
>Carl

I currently have a CP290 controlled by X10WC (available on the
internet) running on a 900mhz P3 and a 2.8ghz P4. -- No problems.

As the CP290 only provides feedback for button presses on it (no
feedback from remote signals) timing for direct commands isn't really
critical.

As a side note -- I have the CP290 sitting on shelf in the basement
with it's serial port connected to the serial port of a Lantronix EPS1
printer server.  With the Lantronix redirector software redirecting
com 3 on the two computers either computer can access it.

I've also written a few simple VB programs to open a TCP connection to
the EPS1 and send simple on/off commands.