Re: Cordless phone options please

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney-99@hot-mail-com> wrote in message
news:SJCdnWZ7kceG5UnYnZ2dnUVZ_vGinZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Here is my problem- home office on one end of house - concrete garage
> > at least 100ft away. I was hoping to find a two-line system that
> > allowed for a corded phone in the office, and allow cordless
> > elsewhere, but maybe "repeating" the signal, i.e. piggybacking the
> > signal from the various units to the farthest location (the Garage)
> >
> > My other solution my be a repeating antenna.
> >
> > Or have you come across a strong cordless sytem?
>
> Use a wifi phone and voip.  But by the time you shell out all that money
> it'll have been far simpler and less expensive to just run a wire for a
> telephone.  Put a cordless base out in the garage and wire it up back to
the
> house.

I've yet to meet the cordless that rivals my best corded phone for voice
clarity, handset comfort and freedom from "twangs."  Like you, I'd run a
wire since phone wire is so easy to run.  I don't think I've ever seen a
cordless phone repeater for sale in the US, although the UK has them for
DECT phones.  I don't recall where the OP was calling from . . .

While I've seen superpowered 900MHz phones listed on various sites:

http://www.fuzing.com/qrx/900mhz-phone

that claim up to 10km:

CL-338 900MHz Long-Range/SOHO Cordless Phone System with Multi-Channel Auto
Scan
Brand Name: Voyager
Key Specifications/Special Features: Base unit: 600mW Handset: 300mW
Communication range: 1km to 10km Built-in voice scramble Vibration/ringing
design on handset Multi-channel auto scan ....
Listed by: George Tang Industrial Corp (Taiwan (ROC))

Could be a total fraud, an illegal product that can't be imported or worse,
but it also could be the solution to the OP's problem.  I'd buy one if the
price was right . . .

--
Bobby G.