Fluorescent lght

I'm in the process of replacing incandescent light bulbs with the compact
fluorescent bulbs in non x-10 applications.
I now would like to include a CFL using an X-10 device. Can I control one 27
watt fluorescent bulb with regular two pin plug in appliance module?
Also, what will be my options when the fluorescents that look like regular
bulbs are dimmable?
              Thanks in advance,
                                           Tim fm CT