Re: Lighting switch state communication

If your powerline interface is located near the distribution panel, it
should hear the transmitted commands just fine.  They only have to propagate
down that one circuit.  The signal level problem comes when a signal first
propagates to the panel, and then has to be sent out all the branch
circuits.  The signal on the branch circuits can be pretty low, especially
when signal suckers are in the loop.

We don't use any of the 2-way Leviton switches here, but we do have their
wire-in 16400 transmitters.  Those send out standard X10 commands on up to 4
sequential addresses on the same housecode.  We use them for exterior
lights, irrigation, and triggering macros in the Ocelot. There are also
single paddle Decora transmitters that can toggle a single X10 address
ON/OFF.

Jeff