Re: Lighting switch state communication

Dave,

Thanks for the input. I was under the impression that the reliability of the
X10 and INSTEON units was quite questionable.  The timeliness of the Z-Wave
signal, if your just talking about 5 seconds or less, isn'tan issue, if the
signal can be counted on getting there. Since I am not interested in fancy
lighting effects, but just simple on/off condition dependent triggers, I am
wondering if I am looking at the wrong group of lighting controls. I even
thought that a rack of relays controlling the 110V lights, and triggered by
momentary switches in each room, Through the ELK control panel would meet
the need, but it seemed there should be a better solution.

Dennis