Re: Occupation sensor that works with people sitting still?

techman41973@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am searching for an occupation sensor to control lighting that can
> sense occupation even if the person is remaining still (watching TV in
> bed, sitting behind a computer).
> Are there any solutions for this application?

A sensor placed in the doorway to the room could 'count' the number of
occupants in the room. It would have to detect the direction of travel
so that entering the room would add 1, exiting the room would subtract
1. When the count is > 0 then there is someone in the room. When the
count is 0 then the lights can go off.