[no subject]

>In searching the web, I've seen other ones which /look/ identical, but
>not for sale in N. America.  I haven't had any luck with the
>manufacturer, either.  If I can't find one that is compatible, perhaps I
>will at least be able to find another one that uses the same frequency,
>so that the same transmitter can be used, even if it means an additional
>protocol.

This is the first one I've encountered that uses 315MHz so I would not be
very optimistic. But, again, they use a Holtek decoder chip with the
receiver so if you can find a receiver unit that fits in the housing and has
the same number of speed settings you can probably modify it to work with
your remotes and even replace the RF section with a receiver module.

http://davehouston.net