Power Query

A bit of a stretch for this group but the experts seem to be here.
Our building wants to install seperate meters for our power in part to
mitigate the expence of the condo's  power bill.
The building is 208V  but most abbliances are 220. I know for example
that my mother can boil a pot of water in about 5 minutes on her 220
service and 22 stove (not new or efficient)  but on my 208 service and
220 stove it takes much longer.
Q: Am I paying more to boil a pot of water or not?
Some say that the meter doesn't work that way and that if I had a 12V
service and 24 hours to boil the water it would be the same as 208 for
much less time..
Help me out here folks...

Beamer Smith
I have spent most of my money on women and beer. The rest I just
wasted...