Re: Will this work for dimming 12V Halogen?

I suspect the "high quality" comments by the sales people is BS for "I have
no clue but we can always blame it on the other guy's lack of quality".  As
soon as you mentioned transformer and dimmer, inductive should have been the
top thing on any competent person's mind.  If they didn't say that, stay as
far as you can from the idiots.

Any transformer is dimmable by the right method equipment.  All transformers
are inductive loads.

No where on the insteon dimmer page do I see any indication that it is
designed to work with an inductive load.
If you look at it's instruction manual at
www.smarthome.com/manuals/2466d.pdf, you will find a warning NOT to use it
with transformers on page 5.

They do make inductive dimmers, www.smarthome.com/2205ACWI.html is
discontinued but you will notice that is specifically marked for inductive
loads.  You will just have to find a non brain dead salesman who can
understand the difference and find the right one.

-
Bill Fuhrmann