Re: Door hardware with electric strike

> One final note - if you do your research you will find that most RF
> operated locks are easily compromised - I would avoid them.

Mr. Houston errs in his definition of "easily compromised".  RF
operated locks can be compromised by someone having the right
hardware and knowledge.  Fortunately, neither the hardware nor the
knowledge are common among average thieves.  Most thieves simply kick
in a door (or find an unlocked one) or break a window.  Very few use
even lock picks, which are much simpler to operate than an RF
sniffing system and which cost far less than the RF hardware.

For ordinary residential use, RF or other remotely operated locks
perform as well as standard, non-automated locks.  If you are
protecting a multi-million dollar home or a jewelry store, look into
a more secure solution.  If you want an automated solution that is
truly difficult to compromise, deploy a system which requires
"something you have plus something you know".  For example, you could
install a lock which requires both a code and a finger print.  But
for that much trouble you could just buy a standard, high security
Medeco lock.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass