Commercial X-10 to INSTEON translator shipping

Simplehomenet.com 's EZX10RF  X-10 RF to INSTEON translator is shipping.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/New-Products/New-Device-Does-X10-to-Insteon-Translations.html
http://smart-home-blog.com/archives/762
http://www.simplehomenet.com/EZX10RF.asp

One of the factors slowing acceptance of INSTEON has been the cost and
tardiness to market of INSTEON  RF solutions. The EZX10RF allows users of
X-10 RF technology to migrate the powerline signaling to wholly INSTEON
(not hybrid X-10+ INSTEON) technology while retaining the investment in
X-10 RF hardware and setup.

This is one of a growing number of hardware translators of X-10 technology
to other lighting protocols. As I noted in a recent post , a X-10 powerline
to UPB is also available.

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:02:28 -0500, Marc_F_Hult
<MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<ahp3l398g4i3gbnv2qvpop12fflb422obv@xxxxxxx>:

>PCS http://www.pulseworx.com/InterfaceModule_.htm has developed a
>translator of the sort that I suggested five or six years ago that accepts
>X-10 control signals from a PC intended for a TW-523 interface and
converts
>them to another protocol (UPB). They also have a converter that hears X-10
>signals on the powerline and converts them to UPB.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org