Re: Computer control of an audio multiplexor

Joe User wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 18:20:19 -0500, Lewis Gardner wrote:
>

>>Good luck with your project. If you need more information please reply
>>with a bit better description of what types of radios, type of computer
>>and a better description of the total project.
>

> You've been very helpful.
>
> The pencomdesign.com link was good.  In my googling, I hadn't run across
> that one.  I believe it might meet my requirements.

All the boards I ran across had SPDT relays which will only handle a
mono signal. For stereo you will have to replace the relays with DPST or
DPDT ones, use the existing relays to control outboard DPST or DPDT
relays or buy two boards.

The AutoPatch unit is a STEAL at $176 delivered, Hult's unit is even a
better deal. I realize these units do more than you want but I think
they are a better value since they are ready to go in a enclosure and
connectorized.

The Phonic HelixBoard12 12-Channel USB Mixer is quite cool! I have a
Phonic PAA2 which is very handy, amazing for the price but not the best
quality. It went back twice under warranty and still is not 100%.