Re: Computer control of an audio multiplexor

"Joe User"  wrote ...
> I am trying to multiplex a number of radios into the 'Line In' on my
> computer sound card.
>
> I want to send commands from the PC, through the RS232 serial port, or
> the USB.
>
> I want the radio signals to be switched according to the commands from my
> PC.
>
> I need the switching to be 6 stereo signals to 1 stereo signal.

This project would have nothing to do with X10, it would also have nothing
to do with KVM switches as someone ignorantly suggested.

Actually quite easy.

http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=sw6a&subtype=107 6 channel
http://www.extron.com/product/product.aspx?id=sw8a&subtype=107 8 channel

Just have your control program send the appropriate commands via the serial
port.

I have no idea of quality or price.  I suspect that there are other complete
solutions like this or similar items can be created to be controlled by a
digital output device (available to be controlled by various means).

--
Bill Fuhrmann