Re: LCDs for HA (was Re: FS: (18) LCD . . . )

> I know it on my workbench, where I consigned the dead pixel CTX
> display I bought.  I could read the old screen standing or sitting.  Not so
> the new LCD.

I have no idea what devices you are using.  My desktop monitor is a
17" Sony LCD.  I just tried and can read it standing 15" above the top
of the screen and less than 2" forward of it.  I can also read it from
the side with me 36" left of the screen and 3-4" in front of it.

I guess if you use a cheap model you can have all kinds of problems.
The monitors I mentioned in this thread are not cheap.  They're not
TV monitors.  They're also not intended for use with a PC (although
they can be).  They are high definition CCTV monitors.  The manufacturer
is Tote (one of the best in the CCTV industry), not some knock-
off you got at Costco or Wal-Mart.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass