Re: How could a landline be re-routed?

> I was living within 10 miles of where i worked and my understanding is
> that an off-premise extension includes the home phone into the broader
> PBX business line, so extensions could tap into the home line off of
> that

You're using terms that don't quite match up with telco terminology.

Any number of things are possible depending on how you have service from
your telco.  It's trivial to do call forwarding to re-route an extension at
work out to another phone number.  But unless you're using the ILEC for the
PBX services it's not as easy (nigh on impossible) to have that remote
number act as an outgoing extension.