Re: AV & Media Room Design

"Karl S" <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote in message
news:khn6om5prbh8$.13ge0p10yvcc3$.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:54:25 -0400, Robert Green wrote:
>
> > I'll be looking at houses today and I thought I'd pick everyone's brain
as
> > to how best design an accessible AV center.
> >
> > Any input would be appreciated.
>
> You might try the AVS Forums. Here is a link to the "Dedicated Theater
> Design & Construction" forum:
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=2&f=19
>
> It's takes a while to get your bearings on the AVS Forums because there is
> so much information there.

Thanks!  Sorry for the long delay in responding.  That's an excellent
resource.  Your comment is quite accurate. It's a very information-dense
site.  Nice to know that there's a dedicated forum.  I'll scan there for
some ideas.

> Scroll down to the bottom and change the screen color from AVS Dark
Theater
> to AVS White and it will be easier on your eyes.

Ah yes.  I noticed that there are a number of viewing options that make
things easier.  I chose the "print" view because the clutter of the regular
view is for a younger generation!

I've been thinking about putting in ventilation that would capture the heat
from the equipment in the winter but vent it externally in the summer and
picked up some ideas here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-748441.html

I might even look at using a heat exchanger so I wouldn't upset the humidity
balance in the house with a low-tech dryer vent sort of arrangement.

Thanks again for the URL.

--
Bobby G.