Re: AV & Media Room Design

"Tim Smith" <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:reply_in_group-E2C512.20265816062007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Try something like this.  Find a house that has a room with a large
> closet, with the closet on a wall that is shared with a room that would
> be an acceptable room for watching TV.
>
> If your TV is a plasma or LCD that you can hang on the wall, hang it in
> the viewing room on the shared wall, and put the equipment in the
> closet, and connect through the wall.

That's an interesting idea.  Since one of the goals was to reduce the heat
load in the viewing room by moving all the electronics outside the room,
even a partial "removal" might be helpful.  It might even be possible to put
remotely operated sliding doors in the viewing room that expose the gear
when access is needed.  That would also address another goal - to make the
living room still look like a living room and not a Best Buy showroom!

I'm beginning to wonder if new houses shouldn't be built like old horror
movie castles with passageways between each room.  The number of wires
associated with PC's and home theater just seems to be growing exponentially
but I've haven't seen any solutions that I really like.

Thanks, Tim, for the suggestions.

--
Bobby G.