Re: Water heater eating X-10 signal

On Apr 27, 6:15 am, nob...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote:
> "Mr. Land" <grafton...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I have a theoretical question for those of you with a lot of PLC
> >experience: if I plug in some device known to eat X-10 signals, would
> >I expect to see the same drop in signal level at all of the outlets on
> >that phase?
>
> No. Signal sinks tend to be somewhat localized with outlets nearby or
> downstream most affected.

Huh.  That's interesting.  Obviously I'm no expert, but I would think
that the (resistance/impedance) from outlet to outlet would be very
low, so that anything sinking X-10 (or 110V, 60Hz for that matter)
would be experienced at all the outlets on that circuit.

I'm not arguing, just a bit surprised.

Thank you.