Re: SignaLinc Repeater 3-Wire Dryer - No Dim with Active Home Programs

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message
> In article <Z46dnSWpBdw44bjbnZ2dnUVZ_h6vnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> please_reply@xxxxxxxxxx (Mark) writes:
>
> | I recently added a SignaLinc Repeater 3-Wire Dryer which has
> greatly
> | improved X10 reliability in my home. But, none of the dims that I
> have
> | programmed in Active Home Pro ever activate. For example, a simple
> C1
> | dim to 50% (or any other %) just turns the lamp on.  Before adding
> the
> | bridge/repeater the dims would perform properly.  Note that I also
> | tried setting the AH to repeat the command, no help.
>
> (previously you wrote:)
>
> |After 15yrs of X10 signal problems, and adding numerous different
> |boosters, couplers and repeaters (none of which helped), my
> problems
> |have been solved with a SignaLinc Repeater 3-Wire Dryer
> |amplifier/coupler/repeater http://www.smarthome.com/4826b.html ...
> |FINALLY! :D
>
> Well, that was a short honeymoon. :)
>
> Which repeaters had you tried before the SignalLinc?  In particular,
> did you try any of ACT's offerings?

Hi Dan, I have been working too much (60-80hr weeks, ugh) to respond
to your other question, I wasn't intentionally ignoring you (well,
actually I was :) ... anyway, no I don't think I tried any ACT
products.  I must say though that even though the dims are not coming
through when sent with AH via my PC otherwise having high reliability
of at least on/off is tremendous.  Note that I can dim using any of
the remotes, it's just AH that won't dim, very odd, but I'm no X10
guru (but definitely a veteran, one of my 1st X10 systems was based
around an X10 board (with ultrasonic sender, i think) in an Apple II
circa 1980, ha).