Re: X10 Controller Question

Have you considered a low tech (but possibly
more reliable) solution?  Since the pump room
abuts your bedroom, you could just wire a
circuit to light an LED in the bedroom when the
pump is receiving power.

12VDC power supplies are cheap and easy to
find online or at RatShaK.  They generally
employ a plug-in transformer so there's no
need to play with 110VAC.  Here's an example
(my website) but there are others even cheaper
on plenty of sites.
http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_12139_detailed.htm

An LED on a plate such as Alarm Controls Corp's
RP28 would complete the hardware requirements.

If you have an electrical outlet that's controlled
by the timer the entire job will take about 20
minutes, including poking the low voltage wire
through the wall.  If it's hard wired you'll
need to add an outlet in parallel to the pump.
That will take another 30-45 minutes and cost
less than $10 at Home Depot.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass