Re: LINUX Insteon owners

On 30 Mar 2007 09:28:00 -0700, linux.hafun@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello All,
>    I have a Insteon Powerlinc V2 USB and I would like to use it for my
> Home Automation needs under LINUX. These days I learned a new
> expression that fits well :
>
> It's a Royal Pain ! (and so far a waste of money: INSTEON listen here)
>
> All the efforts seams to be "almost there" but none really offers a
> reliable solution. Lockups are frequent etc...
>
> Licensing issues, protocol issues, personal issues the more you have
> the longer the list. Out there there are gifted LINUX programmers,
> better than what I am for sure with USB/HID/KERNEL/MODULES etc... how
> is that we "LINUX community" cannot have a decent product as the
> Windows/MAC owners ?
>
> Is INSTEON Listening too?

No, they no longer seem concerned with Open Source developers.

> Hope this will spice up the interest again !

I'm still buried in too many projects (work, school, home) and haven't
had time to attack the problem yet. If I get time I hope to attack the
iplcd again but using Bruce Peren's ion.c code for the USB PLC.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx