Pocket-sized GPS tracking device

Has anyone used one of these?

http://www.smarthome.com/72391.html

<<This pocket-sized GPS tracking device receives signals from orbiting
satellites and uses an advanced internal computer to determine the precise
location of the device within 2.5 meters. With this data and the included
SkyTRX Tracking software, you can accurately determine where a person
traveled, how fast they drove, where they stopped and for how long. Don't
just catch your teenager's bad behavior: Use this system to teach him to
drive responsibly!>>

Since all the tech info seems to indicate that this is not a real time
device, one has to wonder about the veracity of the reviews at the Smarthome
site, specifically:

"Our son got in an accident with our car and by having the GPS tracker we
were able to locate where he was and get him help. This was a life
aver."  -  Jerome  --  St. Louis, Missouri

"We have a 16 year old daughter that just started driving. This gives us the
peace of mind that we know where she is at all times."  -  Becky  --
Madison, Wisconsin

Shouldn't that read "where she was?"

Smarthome isn't technically being deceptive with their product info, but I
would feel better knowing that the posted reviews had some connection to
reality and those that didn't got removed.

--
Bobby G.