Re: X10 programming from PC

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:48:04 -0700, AZ Woody wrote:
> It's "Linux" and not "Finux", and Neil posts here quite often.

Had me confused! :-) I'll be posting more often since I've finished
the book.

> The CM11/12 is made by X10, but there are other things like it available
> from other vendors....
>
> Why join a google group, when the author is here on usenet?
>
>> Come Join:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/realtime_signal_and_control
>>
>> realtime_signal_and_control@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frank, I know you are trying to drive up your membership but I don't
think HA really fits well with a realtime control group. That's too
specific and we're mostly using whatever the vendors are selling.

Geordie:

I'm not sure what to replace the CM11/CM12 with. I'm moving forward
with the Insteon technology because it is compatible with X10 (the
controller can control both). Recently some folks in the Linux
community got a driver for ZWave (RF) and another is working on UPB. I
don't think ZWave by itself will be a winner but mixed with Insteon or
UPB the combination could prove worthwhile

BTW, I probably have most of the X10 controllers here somewhere. I
just haven't had time to work with every one of them.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site